About the Zodiac Group
Zodiac Group New Zealand are a leading local supplier and manufacturer of quality Pool and Spa equipment, covers and chemicals for the New Zealand market.
Our Professional team will ensure you get great service, technical advice and efficient after-sales care.
You can rely on our reputation to provide quality products that are innovative and user-friendly ensuring a perfect pool lifestyle.
Zodiac New Zealand are a proud sponsor of “Pools in Schools
Zodiac Research & Development
Zodiac’s Research & Development teams are continuously working on developing the future in domestic pool products.
This also includes investing and improving the original technologies we have acquired through the acquisition of businesses including Baracuda, Polaris, Nature2, Clearwater, Jandy and Premium Quality Chemicals.
Using the latest in materials, manufacturing techniques and technology, we aim to deliver superior convenience, comfort and safety whilst meeting strict international performance standards.
Zodiac’s technological expertise can be found in the design of its products as well as our production and use of materials. Our highly-diversified range is a good illustration of our ability to apply this expertise: swimming pool cleaners, chlorination systems, control systems, pool heating, filtration equipment, as well as pool and spa chemicals.
Zodiac has three research and development laboratories around the world, that also act as centres of excellence for certain products and technologies. We are proud to host one such design centre at our Australian head office at Smithfield in Sydney. The R&D team in Sydney are primarily responsible for water care, and their role is to develop innovative watercare solutions, both automated and manual (chemical), that help pool owners achieve the perfect pool experience.
All Zodiac products comply with international standards and the toughest quality requirements.
Since its birth as an aeronautical company in 1896, Zodiac has enjoyed an eventful 100+ year history.
- 1896 – Founded as ” Mallet, Mélandri et de Pitray”, specializing in non-rigid airships.
- 1909 – The Zodiac brand is registered.
- 1937 – The first Zodiac Inflatable Boat was developed.
- 1975 – Creation of the first Zodiac flexible pool, influenced by inflatable boat technology.
- 1983 – Zodiac establishes a presence in Australia.
- 1996 – Zodiac acquires Baracuda, an established international pool cleaner company.
- 1996 – Zodiac acquires Driclad, Australia’s leading manufacturer of above-ground pools.
- 2001 – Zodiac acquires Australian-based Clearwater Products, manufacturer of salt water chlorinators.
- 2005 – Zodiac acquires Polaris Pool Systems, a leading supplier of quality pool equipment.
- 2007 – Zodiac Marine Segment with Jandy Pool Products of USA merge to become Zodiac Marine & Pool.
- 2009 – Zodiac acquires Premium Quality Pool Chemicals, a major chemical supplier in Australia
- 2013 – Zodiac acquires Magnapool, a mineral alternative to traditional salt water pools